Shampoo Bar Unscented !NEW!
You Can find this item in our Amazon store. Sorry for the inconvenience. Here is a link for quick access. We plan to be back in stock soon.
Creek Baby Shampoo Bar is Safe for color treated hair and great for ALL hair types! - Seriously we had all our friends try it first - thin hair, thick hair, curly hair, oily hair, dry hair and so many more...
This isn't just our favorite shampoo BAR - it's our FAVORITE SHAMPOO of all times! We worked for many months on this beauty. Our local soap guru never gave up on us when we asked for a product that would not get gummy or leave a residue, but yet be as clean as possible in the ingredients used.
We like to follow EWG (https://www.ewg.org/) as an independent firm studying and rating the safety of cosmetic and skin care ingredients. So below we list all our ingredients with the EWG Rating (0 being super clean and 10 being super dangerous) and explain a little about Coco Sulfate - since we were surprised to realize there was a difference between this and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS).
Ingredients: Sodium Cocyl Isethionate (EWG RATE 1), Sodium Coco Sulphate (EWG RATE 1), BTMS-50 (EWG RATE 4), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (EWG RATE 4), Cetyl Alcohol (EWG RATE 1), Theobroma Cocoa (Cocoa) Seed Butter*(EWG RATE 0), Babassu Oil*(EWG RATE 0), , DL Panthenol (provitamin of B) (EWG RATE 1), Oat Protein*(EWG RATE 0), Raphanus Sativus (Radish) Seed Extract(EWG RATE 0), Coconut Milk Powder*(EWG RATE 0) *Organic
2.5 oz Bar should last few months and help reduce plastic.
Super easy to use:
1. Get hair fully wet
2. Lather the bar in your hands, return the bar to your shower shelf and begin massaging your lathered hands into the roots of your hair.
3. Optional: Apply conditioner of choice o tips of hair (we are currently working on a conditioning bar)
- SLS FREE
- PARABEN FREE
- FRAGRANCE FREE
- CRUELITY FREE
- PRESERVATIVE FREE
- EARTH FRIENDLY
- PH BALANCED
Why do we use Coco sulfate?
- Coco Sulfates are made from the fatty acid of coconuts, not petroleum like sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS).
- People often confuse the two SLS and SCS.
- The molecules in SCS are large and cannot penetrate through the skin barrier, while SLS molecules are nano and can get into your bloodstream.
Why do we not use only Oil Based Bars without SCS?
- Oil only based shampoo bars leave hair “gummy” - kind of a “build up” that causes dullness and dry look.
- These types of bars need a frequent apple cider vinegar rinse or the oils from the bars stay in the hair and on the scalp making it feel sticky.
- This is bad because too much oil can cause build up on the scalp due to the amount of hair follicles and messing with the ph balance of the scalp can cause hair loss in some people.